I’m Laura, houseplant lover, writer, photographer, collector of old furniture + interiors obsessive.
Here on H O U S E P L A N T H O U S E you will find a range of posts from general houseplant advice to specific care guides, reflective writing about living with plants, thrifting, interior decor + plant styling, as well as garden updates from my little patio, excerpts from my photo diary, oh + green places I have visited too. I’m based in North Yorkshire, UK + am currently living in a temporary cottage, with most of my belongings in boxes + storage! I haven’t been able to post much plant styling or interiors content over the last 12 months (+ I can’t wait to be re-united with my books + furniture!) — but exciting things are in the pipeline as I am working on a big project that I’ll be able to share more about later in 2021.
HOW TO USE THE WEBSITE
Think of House Plant House a little like an online magazine where you can dip in and out of a variety of posts that all relate to fostering a connection with the natural world in some way. I have categorised these ‘topics’ under easily-navigated headings on the banner of my homepage. This will allow you to explore each area in more depth if you wish. I want to share a rounded view of my life with plants alongside my hobbies + experiences too. If you are just looking for specific plant care guides you’ll find standardised guidance and tips under the houseplant related tabs.
I have a schedule for posting so that you can know what to expect. There’ll be a new post every Sunday morning as I know many of you enjoy some blog reading over the weekend.
If you would like to connect across my platforms you can:
- come join me over on instagram. I post here a few times a week + I use my feed for all things houseplants. Here you can pick up some free plant care tips + tricks + see how my plants are growing. On my instagram stories I share daily posts as a bit of a ‘behind the scenes’ of what it’s like to live with a lot of plants. I like to go on walks when I get the time + I will sometimes bring my camera along with me because I know quite a lot of you enjoy seeing some of the bucolic, verdurous views.
- Check out my Pinterest page. Here I share a mix of image-based + video posts about a range of topics that acts as a bit of an extension to my blogposts here on houseplanthouse.com.
- Follow along with the renovation project over on my secondary instagram account ‘House Plant House renovates’ — this a renovation diary of the Chapel project if you’d like to see the process.
- Oh + if you like, you can also sign up for an email alert (at the bottom of my homepage) when I post on my blog, otherwise, Sundays is the day for new posts.
- I’m working on a newsletter which will be something for early 2022 (…when I’m not covered in building dust!)
Some of my posts contain affiliate links. I’m often asked on my social platforms where I buy the things featured in my posts so I provide links where possible to help you find what you are looking for. 99.9% of the time I have purchased these products with my own money. You’ll seldom find sponsored content here — but if this occurs it will be clearly disclosed, along with any gifted items indicated. Affiliate links don’t cost you anything, but they mean that I receive a very small amount of revenue if you make a purchase. These links allow me to keep running this website + providing free content + resources for my readers. Please note that I don’t accept guest posts + all written content is my own.
Welcome to H O U S E P L A N T H O U S E !
I created H P H in 2017 as a cross-platform hub that spans this website, my Instagram page + more recently Pinterest too. Across these spaces, I document my plant collection + share plant care advice, as well as offering inspiration for houseplant purchases + tips on how to style interiors with plants. You might have come across my website because you are nurturing a houseplant hobby, you love interiors + plant styling, or enjoy a little bit of small-scale gardening. Take a look around + thanks for stopping by.
Since its launch, the H P H platform hopes to provide insights into living + working with plants. The demand for houseplants has exploded in recent years + is enjoying a sustained swell of enthusiasm; far from the short-lived millennials trend it was once branded as. This upturn in popularity signals a resurgent desire for a re-connection with nature in an increasingly environmentally aware society. I am passionate about encouraging everyone to bring a little bit of green into their homes so that they can share in the enjoyment + mindfulness that caring for plants can bring.
H P H is based around my combined interests as a researcher; in writing + photography, design, interiors + plants. I started the blog as a creative outlet after finishing my PhD + four years later, it remains a plant journal of sorts; from recording what I’m growing, potting + propagating, to offering seasonal plant care advice + what to do when your monstera gets too big!
In addition to my H P H endeavours, I am a curator of ‘The Real Houseplants of Instagram’ community. As a collective we developed the website houseplantswap.com, a worldwide (non-profit) platform for the exchange of houseplants.
Alongside my website, I am also a freelance copywriter for a number of houseplant businesses; sharing care instructions, product descriptions + blogposts. Please get in touch via email if you would like to discuss any form of houseplant-based writing I can offer.
| Projects | Featured in : |